- Drive an Ariel Atom at the VIR Driving Experience.
- Fine dining at Bistro 1888, Molasses Grill, and Berry Hill.
- Cage's Sculpture Farm.
- Catch a performance at The Prizery.
- Trail rides at Shangrila Guest Ranch.
- Enjoy the 5.2-mile Tobacco Heritage Trail by foot, bike, or horse.
- Enjoy wine tastings at Bright Meadows Farm, Greenwood Vineyards, Hunting Creek Vineyards, and Molliver Vineyard.
Located in historically renovated former tobacco processing facilities in the heart of downtown South Boston, Virginia, the Prizery and SVHEC's Innovation Center provide great venues for a variety of events.
When work is done, though, you'll want to head out for some fun and there's plenty to do in South Boston and Halifax County. A few options are:
- Drive a real Ariel Atom race car at the VIR Driving Experience
- Take a hike on the Tobacco Heritage Trail
- Go on a trail ride at Shangrila Guest Ranch
- Indulge in a wine tasting at Bright Meadows Farm, Greenwood Vineyards, Hunting Creek Vineyards, and Molliver Vineyard
- Enjoy a live performance at The Prizery
- Catch a NASCAR race at South Boston Speedway
- Experience kayaking or canoeing on the Banister or Dan Rivers
- Go fishing on Buggs Island Lake or Banister Lake
- Dine at one of our many restaurants, like:
- Fine dining - Bistro 1888, Molasses Grill, and Berry Hill
- Traditional regional foods - Ernie's Restaurant, Smokey River Tavern, Smokin' Jakes House of BBQ, Spare Times Grill
- Italian - Italian Delight, Caffe Peroni, O'sole Mio, Pino's, Dinis Brothers
- Mexican - Mi Carreta and Mexico Viejo
- Japanese - Yamato's
View some sample, customizable itineraries or visit Halifax County Tourism's website to find a restaurant, or something to do.